Sunday, 13 July 2014

crazycraftersbloghopnewstampinupcatalogue




Boy this year is flying by. So much going on, the most exciting for me at the moment is that I'm on a little holiday and get to enjoy looking at all my new release Stampin' Up! goodies and keep trolling the catty working out what else I have to have hehehe.

In the spirit of this our the team has picked the new catalogue as the theme of this months Blog Hop.  I am very excited to be doing this one, as I have already been having a play with some new things that I got on pre-order (being a demo really is awesome, sneek peaks are the bom!).  However I might put in another order just for fun for this month lol.

So I am stop 6 this month. I've been given a hard act to follow, the ridiculously talented Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards was stop number 5.  If you didn't get here in order don't stress the full lineup is at the bottom of this post so you can view them all from there.

So I made one card and then smudged it so was over it by that stage, so decided to make something entirely different. I love making my little flowers so decided to go with something with those on.  Because I'm holidays I don't have much with me, but chose to use the brand new stamp sets Kinda Eclectic and Back to Basics Alphabet and the Hardwood background stamp which is a carryover.  Below is what I came up with. I hope you like it :) please leave comments, positive and negative are welcome.

 
 
 So I started with Very Vanilla cardstock then Blackberry Bliss cardstock and another layer of Very Vanilla for the card front.  I started by stamping the hardwood on using Crumb Cake ink. Then I used the sun out of Kinda Eclectic in Tangelo Twist, stamping off once onto waste paper.  Next was the little Hello Honey dots again stamped off once, when using this please remember to put the stamp up the 'right way' as there are letters on this, lol ask me how I know that one :/.  Next was the leaves from the same set, stamped with Mossy Meadow, stamped off once. I re-inked the stamp and stamped off onto scrap then onto a new piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then fussy cut out the leaves and put some dimensionals on and set them aside ready for setting out and assembling the card. 

 
Next I used Blackberry Bliss to stamp using the alphabet set. I am still learning how to use this set, I had been lining them up on Stampin' Up! grid paper but had found that some of the time the letters seemed a little far apart for my project, so this time I used the letters one at a time and being careful to stamp straight.  I just freehand cut the little banners and ran around the edge with the thick end of my Blackberry Bliss Marker.  Note all of this card has been done using markers, I have none of my inkpads with me lol. 

 
So then I got to my flowers.  I love making these little flowers.  I will put up a video tutorial soon of how I make these.  Let me tell you they are super easy to make.  Oops I didn't take a photo of the other little flowers, they show in the main picture.  This is the brand new, and EXTREMELY CUTE Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (It's a set of three, this one, a star and a love heart so cute).  I just ran my Hello Honey marker around he edge of the punch out and drew a little ink dot in the centre to make it look pretty (these were leftovers from a project that the lovely Rachel had from the scrapbook she was making from chipboard and Whisper White cardstock. She punched holes using this shape so she could hold the book together with ribbon, she may let me put a picture up when she is finished if I ask nicely so stay tuned ;). ).
 
Next up on the hop is number 7 this month Rose Desmond at Stampin with Rosalie, who I am sure is going to knock your socks off with her talent.
 
Hope to see you again here soon. If you want any info on the new catty, signing up or anything else that I can help you with be sure to let me know and I will do my best to help out.  Until next time... Happy Crafting xxx
 
1. Carolina Evans at Studio Evans -
2. Laura Britten at Stamping with Laura Jane
3. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie -
4. Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie -
5. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards -
6. Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft 2 -
7. Rose Desmond at Stampin with Rosalie -
8. Nicole Spicer at Handmade By Nicole Spicer
9. Fiona Bradley at Just Spiffing -
10. Teena Maher at Stamping With Teena

7 comments:

  1. I love the flowers!!! White with a little hint of Blackberry Bliss.... Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used Kinda Eclectic. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attention to detail! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flowers on the wood background. Looks like they are growing up a fence!!! Thanks for idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy reading your blog posts Tamie, very entertaining and your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe Tamie this card is absolutely gorgeous..I love your flowers

    ReplyDelete