Sunday, 7 December 2014

Crazy Crafters December Blog Hop


 
 


 Thank you for joining un for the Crazy Crafters December Blog Hop, this month we are using
"Designer Series Paper"
 
We hope you enjoy our virtual hop where you will either learn great techniques for your paper crafting projects or just a chance to enjoy each of the ladies lovely creations!  Be sure to click on the next button at the bottom of the page to continue your journey on this blog hop.
 
You may have noticed by my previous posts that I don't use a lot of dsp (I buy it all the time though lol).  So for me this too quite a bit of thought, and research, gotta love pinterest hey... I didn't case anything just browsed through for a while after dinner one night then left it a couple of days and sat down to play.  I hope you like what I came up with.
 
 
I used an A4 sheet of Whisper White Cardstock cut in half to start then chose some coordinating pieces of dsp out of the Spring Fling DSP pack. I love the dots the most lol I think they're cool as and very versatile.

 
To add A little something else to dress the card and give it a sentiment (sort of) I stamped a couple of images out of the Nuts About You stamp set (this is a hostess set, so if you would like to earn one please let me know and we will arrange a workshop to suit you). I punched the images out using the triangle out of the Petite Penants Builder Punch, I also punched two more out of a different coordinating sheet from the same dsp.  I stuck it onto Whisper White Bakers Twine and Tied a little knot in each end.  To 'hold' the pennant up I used a So Saffron Candy Dot at either end. I wanted them to sit up a bit so cut down a Stampin' Dimensional to adhere it with.
 
 
Like I said I struggle with DSP and took me ages to work out that I could actually put up with them together by adding a simple border to each piece using Whisper White Cardstock.  Made it less 'busy' to my eyes.

 
I made another card using the same layout for my Mum for Christmas.  I used punched butterflies and sadly a retired stamp for hers and spritzed the sentiment with some smooch spritz.
 
Well hopefully I have provided you a little inspiration.  If you would like to leave a comment I love hearing from you.
Please click the button below to view the next blog in the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop.
 
Rosalie
 
Be sure to check back often as I will be posting lots more projects in the future, and please share my blog with your friends, I love to share what I create :) Thanks Tamie xx

5 comments: