Saturday, 20 December 2014

Sneek Peek of the new Occasions Catalog

Well.... may I say I absolutely LOVE pretty much everything in the new occasions catalog and the S.A.B catalogue too (remember both are to be released 6th of January).  Over the next week or so (kids permitting) I am going to post some projects I am making with some of the new products... eeek exciting.  Sadly I don't have them all yet but that is the plan ;-).

The new (yet to be released) product I used for this project is the Butterfly Thinlits Dies.  OMGoodness this is exquisite, this is something I have been crossing my fingers Stampin' Up! were going to produce.  It is a pack of three different sized and shaped butterflies, this is the medium size of the three :-)


Now I have to apologize because the Technology Monster ate all the other pics I took of this card so you could see some things in more detail, and sadly I don't have the card anymore as I have already sent it to the lovely lady for whom it was made for her birthday (bright/bold colours and sparkles/bling) I think I managed to get the card specs right, what do you think?

So the card stock is Rich Razzleberry, then layered with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, then another layer of the Rich Razzleberry, all stuck together with Fast Fuse. The Large Paper Doily (retired, lucky there is a new Darling Doily Thinlit available, just need to fit it into my crafting budget lol) which was cut out of Very Vanilla DSP went on next, I used the 2-way glue pen to stick this.  Next was the flower, don't you love it?! I know I do, this was made out of Daffodil Delight card stock, which was sponged around the edges with Melon Mambo and also in the centre of each cut out.  The flower was made in 'rounds from the Floral Frames Framelits, all were cut out using the second largest framelit.  I manipulated and rolled and squeezed and tweaked until I was happy and glued it all together using fast fuse.  I put some little 'dew drops' on the petals using Crystal Effects.  I used the Organza Ribbon to make the bow, I folded it in half though as I have run out of all my other thin white ribbon, yes the horror of it :-/ lol.  I attatched a little Rich Razzleberry Button to the centre of the bow to finishe that off.  I also adhered some of the silver off the Silver Metallic Bakers Twine under the bow using Glue Dots before adhering to the card using the Glue dots for that.  THE BUTTERFLY (lol) was cut out on the Big Shot using the medium Butterflies Thinlit Die out of Basic Black card stock, next i ran over the butterfly cut out with the two way glue pan so I could sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on. I didn't put glue down the 'body' of the butterfly because I wanted to attach Basic Rhinestones to it, now for a little fun and difference so it would blend on the card, I ran my Rich Razzleberry Stampn' Write marker over them (I did the same for the ones on the card) and then used crystal effects to seal in the colour, if you haven't tried this you soooo should it looks lovely and changes the way the rhinestones look completely (also doesn't look the same as using a Basic Peal either).  Check back over the next week or so and I will have pics of another project of the differences for you :-)  Now to stick the butterfly to the card I didn't just want to 'stick it on' sooo I used some clear sheet, cut the length I wanted and folded both ends, I put a glue dot on each end stuck one to the butterfly and one to the flower so the butterfly 'hovered' over the flower.  I loved the look it gave and am still hoping that technology with give me my photos back and if it does I will be sure to load them on here so check back to see things a bit closer up soon hopefully.

So until next time enjoy crafting and if you have any questions, comments and/or suggestions please leave them below as I love feedback.  If you are interested in purchasing any of these products please feel free to contact me (I am currently trying to get my online store up and running so stay tuned), also if you are interested in joining this exciting opportunity there really isn't a more exciting time with S.A.B. coming up January 6th.  Thanks again Tamie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment