Friday, 26 June 2015

Mojo monday 403

Hi everyone, it is with great excitement that I do up my very first ever Mojo Monday blog post.  I have seen ladies in our group do these and thought it looked like fun.  However I have always doubted if I have the time and more so the Talent as all the creations I have seen have been amazing!  Anyhoo I thought about it over and over for quite a while and then I decided that I love what I do and what I make so surely someone else will enjoy it too.  So the entry is for Mojo Monday 403. Anyway enough chatting let's go have a look at what I have made.
So for the card base I used very vanilla card stock.  I added a layer of Elegant Eggplant cardstock then for the feature of the Layout I layered up Delightful Dijon on top of Very Vanilla, and then Mint Macaron DSP on top of very vanilla cardstock.  Finally I wanted to use a doily but to my horror realized the die is no-longer current (insert vary sad face here) so instead I took forever to freehand scallop edged circle just big enough to go over the sides of the previous layer in Elegant Eggplant cardstock and used that as a template to cut around in Very Vanilla, talk about doing things the hard way lol.
 
 
Then I got down to the prettying it up, seriously why not right lol.  So I measured out a length of White Jute Ribbon (3.2cm) and cut it approx. in half down the length of the ribbon. And also cut a length of Sahara Sand Lace Trim (2.2cm), I layered the Jute on Top of the Trim and did the little cuts on the end (is there a technical term for this? No idea lol).  This wad adhered on top of the Delightful Dijon layer.  Next was the Basic Pearls, I used the largest one and spaced them on every second scallop.  The flowers, tell me about the flowers I hear you saying.... The flowers are done using the Tip Top Taupe DSP out of the In Color DSP stack.  I will do a video soon and set up a you tube page thingy up and going so I do up instructions on a lot of projects that I do and Any requests I might get from you all :).
 
Anyway I hope you like my first entry and be sure to check back often as I do posts as regularly as time allows in my crazy house. 
 
Until next time stay well and happy crafting Tamie xxx

16 comments:

  1. Awesome card Tamie. Love the detail on the card and your interpretation of the sketch. Using the ribbon is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! I had great fun trying to make something from a sketch, had only done it a couple of times

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Tamie, love these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell, I wasn't sure they would work together but loved it when I was finished xx

      Delete
  3. Yes stop selling yourself short Tamie! I LOVE your card! I love the colours and your creativity with the rosettes. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nicole :) I'll try to remember that

      Delete
  4. This is so cool! Love the color combo and those fabulous flowers all around. Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness, you are the lady who created the sketch. Thank you so much for dropping by and having a look and even more so for leaving a message <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Colour combination Tamie beautiful card all round!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Carolina. I loved trying something different

      Delete
  6. You have designed a very pretty card Tamie. Always love your work, but this one in particular is something special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like and thank you so much for the comment

      Delete
  7. Your cards always have lots of thought and love put into them i really liked this one as you made it as beautiful as it could be i love all of your creativity in craft and anything you do .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J, I love what I do and always hope it shows through in my cards and projects I make.

      Delete