Sunday, 14 June 2015

Time management

Hi everyone, I still alive and very apologetic, I said I wsa going to try to post daily or every second day at least and I haven't.  Like many others Stampin' Up! isn't my only love,  I love gardening and succulents is a collection that I am currently working on, so I thought I'd do a post letting you know that I haven't just been being slack lol.
 
The pic below is of a set of steps that I have been uncovering (I know no succulents there), because I needed the little rocks that are in amongst it all - don't you just hate having to one job so you can do the one you really want to do....?
 
 But I think it was worth it.  I haven't finished yet as it need much more rock mulch, and of course many more succulents to buy to fill the spaces lol
 
 
Anyhoo I can't have a post without also blogging about something SU! related... So here is a card I have made for a beautiful friend of mine that I have known since I was in High School who has recently celebrated a birthday.  I hope she loves it as much as I do, she loves all old china trio sets etc so I think I have got it right :)
 
 
This card has been done on a crumb bake card stock base and I layered it up using the lovely new colour Delightful Dijon and another layer of crumb cake, I stamped onto the top layer of crumb cake using Watermelon Wonder and Tip Top Taupe (both new inColors too) and while it gave the texture I wanted I didn't like the brightness/ starkness it gave so layered it up with a piece of vellum which softened it while still letting the colour through, The sets used in this layer were the dots from Awesomely Artistic and the texture stamp from You Got this, both are new releases.
 
 
For the main image of this set I used the printed image from the new DSP Timeless Elegance.  I added colour using the Blender Pen and used a little of each of the new inColors, I am still learning how to use these pens but am loving how they work to create such beautiful effects.  I hand tore the paper and sponged with some Tip Top Taupe and Delightful Dijon to make it look a little aged and distressed the edges.  I also roughly tore a piece of Mint Macaron dsp from the inColour paper collection, I stamped it with the same stamp from the You Got This stamp set and distressed and sponged the same as the flower layer.
 
 
 
To Finish the Card I used the new (gorgeous!) dotted lace trim that has come out in the new inColors, here I have used the Delightful Dijon and on top of it added the Sahara Sand Lace Trim.  To give a little more effect I added some Watercolour Wonder to it using the Blender Pen (if you decide to do this make sure not to make it too wet as it runs (ask me how I know lol).  Next was just to layer it all up with Snail Adhesive and some glue dots and add the Basic Pearls to Embellish.
 
So that's my post for today, I hope I can be forgiven for taking time out to do my little garden up, it's still a work in progress but I will try to better manage my time so as to not break promises again.  Be sure to leave a comment, I love getting feedback, good or not so good :). and as always if you are interested in any of the products used be sure to contact me either through my store or on here...
 
Until next time happy crafting Tamie xx
 
Oh one last thing that I was thinking about... please scroll down and look at my old projects from previous posts, you will find blog hops etc in there and many other creations I have made, thanks again for dropping by and I'll see you again soon xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card Tamie - that flower has come up amazing - I was thinking what stamp set is that one from! Great technique and well done on the garden too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your compliment Kylie

      Delete