Sunday, 3 January 2016

Pals Paper Arts 281 The Open Sea

Hi everyone thanks for joining me todays card is for the PPS281 challenge.  I saw a card that my gorgeous friend Angela Lorenz did (she is so uber talented! don't you think?) and thought I have an idea for that.

http://palspaperarts.com/

So this is the card I came up with.  I can't say I am 100% in love with it but it's ok.  I am still learning what to do to get enough grunge (I get scared of messing up a card and wasting it (anyone know the feeling?)



I used The Open Sea stamp set and the spots out of the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I used Very Vanilla cardstock for a base and Garden Green for my next layer.  The colours used were Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand.  The world stamped using marker to stamp as I wanted to colour the land green direct.  The latitude lines I used Crumb Cake.  I sponged the sea with Marina Mist.  I distressed the edges screwed it all into a ball and and sponged over the creases and around the edges.

Well I hope something here tickles your fancy. Be sure to leave a comment and don't forget to follow me by email so you don't miss any posts :)

Until next time stay well and happy crafting xx

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite stamp sets and you used it perfectly for the challenge! Thank you for joining us for the last PPA of 2015. Hope to see you play again in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such gorgeous texture and depth to this card. What a stunner! Thank you so much for playing along with this Pals Paper Arts sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Tamie. Love you also

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful masculine card. I love the rustic look to it too. So happy you joined us the week for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete