Sunday, 28 August 2016

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Wendy Cranford



Hi, so happy you could drop by.  Today I am part of a blog hop with the Crazy Crafters, we are CASEing Wendy Cranford this hop and wowee was it a challenge to choose just one thing.  I was searching through all of Wendys posts and got to one that was close to home. It was an Autism Matters Blog which is important to me because my beautiful daughter has Autism, and to have awareness brought to the condition is very important, not just for those who have ASD but also those who care for and are involved with them on a daily basis so they can understand there is a difference between a Temper Tantrum and a Meltdown and that all of those involved are amazing human beings.  But enough of that, I could talk all day about it.  I also loved this project because it was a watercolour card, something that I love the look of but have never been very good at.  So here's Wendys gorgeous card....

Autism Matters blog hop creation to give to an Autism caretaker.  Wendy Cranford www.luvinstampin.com

How stunning is that.  I absolutely LOVE it!  Now as seems to be the norm with me I couldn't find what I needed to make this, (watercolor paper) oops.... So I started watching youtube videos to learn how to do it so it didn't look like mine was done by a kindergartner.  Wow there are a lot of different methods.

So I tried it on Whisper White card stock, um fail!  So I put those two aside as a project for another day because they weren't right for this project (no I didn't toss them, I don't chuck when things go wrong, I see it as a challenge for more creativity). 


Now on to the solution.  I recalled a great friend of mine Angela (click to go to her blog) saying to me that Shimmer White cardstock works for watercolour, and I had some (winning).  So I got to making.  And I came up with two cards as I tried two different styles that were completely different but totally gorgeous so I couldn't choose which one to feature which means you get to see both.

  
This first card I did in exact same way as I did with the Whisper White, what a difference!  The shimmer paper is great not only because it allows you to blend the colours but also because the pretty shimmer comes through. The little flower is from the Touches of Texture stamp set, I stamped it in versamark then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The colours used for this card were Dapper Denim, Bermuda Bay and Tempting Turquoise.  These colours go together famously don't you think.  The stamped panels behind the feature were from the Touches of Texture stamp set also.  The sentiment is from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set (which is only available this month, so if you want to purchase it get in quick) I inked it up in Versamark then in Tempting Turquoise before stamping down and covering in clear embossing powder.  
This panel was done a little differently and love the effect.  I will try get a video done to show how I did it and I will add a link in here when I do.  The colours used in this one are Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo and I sure do love the effect they have together. 

Here are the completed cards, I hope you like them.  I think what is great about them is they could be used for anyone, the colours make them very versatile.
 
Be sure to hop around all of the other fabulous creations from the team.  The links are below.   If you have the time leave a  little message for us as we love the input and feedback it really makes our day.

Until next time stay well and Happy Crafting.  Tamie xx 

20 comments:

  1. I love the backgrounds you have used Tamie. They look awesome. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamie you have created 2 (TWO) works of art! AMAZING CARDS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Tamie, watercolouring is so much fun, love your results and that you persevered. I feel your pain about the watercolour paper I have done the same, but Shimmery White is a great alternative

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you say you can't watercolour? ... YES YOU CAN! I love both of your cards Tamie! And I agree, ASD is such an important cause, and one that affects so many. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards Tamie, I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Love the 'fail' prjects but look where it lead you! STUNNERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! Tamie they are awesome. I like the blue card tremendously, BUT the way the pattern creeps away like fingers of an Extraterrestrial Triffed ( oops too many meds again), I think it is sooo much better but this is my personal choice. It is different and I like different.
    I have not used the technique of watercolors yet, but after seeing your creations I will have to give it a go. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that you persisted Tamie, you've produced two amazingly beautiful cards! Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them both but the second one with all the drips is amazing! I must try this! I also love that you've kept the first two to work on & to be honest, I don't think they're even bad lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are so pretty. You did a great job. Thank you for CASEing me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like both cards,especially those strips behind the main panel. They add such an interest and depth to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both cards Tamie. So glad you persisted and you've achieved a gorgeous result. They're both a work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely Tamie.....and what an awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Love them both Tami, but the second one is really cool. Looks like a fire behind the flower! Very effective and eye catching technique. Great job. Thanks for sharing.☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These are amazing! The second one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look awesome. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing what can be done with watercolour. Can't wait to see your video as I have no idea how any of this is done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations - your persistence paid off dividends! What beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Tamie, what gorgeous cards. Love them!

    ReplyDelete