Saturday, 27 August 2016

Oops i missed the Dawn Olchefske blog hop



So I was all proud of myself for having my project made well over a week in advance.  But silly me didn't get the post done in time for the blog hop it was intended for with the Crazy Crafters. So instead of scratching it it thought what the heck and am doing the post anyway.  So I hope you enjoy what I decided to make. 
I found this adorable little sweet box on Dawn's  blog and decided that it was what I wanted to case (along with a card,  which only after I made it did I realize it was someone elses,  then I did the same thing again lol) anyway I made my version of the box and I hope you like it.
The card stock is Basic Black which I punched with a 1 3/4" punch I scored and folded at the same spacing that Dawn has in her tutorial.  You can't see it in this picture but I put a piece of Kraft Cardstock inside the back so there was a little contrast.  The spotty trim is washi tape from the Affectionately Yours collection. Dawns box had that gorgeous big thick ribbon on her box but I decided I wanted something a little finer, so I used some Linen Thread and the new Black and Copper Metallic Thread.  
 Now I can hear you thinking I haven't seen the punch for those little sparkly leaves, well that's because it's not a punch.  I made a card (remember me saying earlier I had made a card to go with it) using the Champagne Glimmer Paper (which I have just now realized is retired, oops) which I cut using the Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies.  And yep you guessed it. this is the part that gets cut out, well some of them anyway.  They're super sweet I think.  I popped a little treat bag with some dark choclate coated cranberries inside and folded the flaps over punched two holes with the 1/16" Handheld Circle punch to puch the threads through.  And there you have it, I hope you have enjoyed this post.

Until next time stay well and happy crafting. Tamie xx

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on this bag Tamie...so glad you decided to share it even though you missed the hop.

    ReplyDelete