Sunday, 11 September 2016

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Sarah Berry


 Welcome to another CC Blog Hop.  To see all of the wonderful creations see the full line up with their links below.  If you have the time please leave us a comment as it makes our day to see others loving what we do.  This time we are CASEing the super talented Sarah Berry.  How to choose just one of her creations....?  Impossible!  So come back tomorrow and I will have another creation of hers that I have cased ;-).  So for the Hop the card I chose was this one below. It's so simple and sweet and I am a sucker for butterflies, also I don't use ribbons etc enough on my cards so I thought this was the perfect card for me.


My CASEing involved different colours and different stamp sets as the ones pictured are all retired.
I used the Flourish stamp from the Falling Flowers Stamp Set, the sentiment is from Floral Wings as is the  little flowers (they're super sweet aren't they!?) and the Butterfly is from the Butterfly Basics Stamp set.
The Cardstock isVery Vanilla and Basic Black.  I used Black StazOn to stamp the flourish and then I outlined andcovered the flourish with the gold Wink of Stella pen.  The butterfly, flowers and sentiment are all stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink. I coloured in the flowers and leaves on the butterfly with the gold wink of stella pen and used a dry baby wipe to rub some StazOn onto the wings.  The sentiment I wanted an ombre effect so I inked up the stamp stamped it off, inked it a second time but only the bottom two thirds of the stamp and stamped it off.  I then reinked only the bottom third of the stamp and it was ready to go for the sentiment.  I used the Decorative Label punch to cut out the sentiment and it's black backing.  I stuck the centre of the butterfly down with a sticky dot then popped some dimensionals under the wings and the flowers are also popped up with dimensionals to give the card a little more depth. Craft Rope Trim was the finishing touch on the card.  I love how the card turned out and I hope Sarah feels I have done her card some justice.  

Until next time stay well and happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Tamie! I really love how you added those flowers to the falling flowers stamp set, they look great! I'll have to check if I have Floral wings when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra. I didn't realize until I was looking up names to type the blog post that the Floral Wings is a retired Hostess set. It is a set that I will never get rid of because I love it so much lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. It's super stunning but super simple to do, winning!

      Delete
  4. Your sentiment is amazingly done & your instructions so precise. I love butterflies too and your CASE is beatiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, if I ever forget to write something be sure to ask and I will edit it in for you

      Delete
  5. Love that butterfly Tamie! Just gorgeous.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's gorgeous isn't she, loved how it turned out

      Delete
  6. Loving your ombre stamping...Just gorgeous Tamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ang, was a pleasure to create

      Delete
  7. Love butterflies too and your one is gorgeous - perfect shading and colouring. Love your flourish too with the roses on top. Fabulous case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Tamie.....loving the colours and the ombre

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous vintage looking card! I love the sponging on the edges of the butterfly's wings & the tips for ombre inking! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tamie, your card is so soft and flowing, it has aw slight whimsical feel to it. So pretty, I hope they bring back a stamp similar to those sweet little flowers again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage look! This is a very special card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous card - love the design and colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vintage card, Tamie. What a clever way to make ombre look. Thank you for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Tamie. So elegant. Love your soft colours and the way you stamped the sentiment (must give it a try, TFS) :)

    ReplyDelete